One way CGC has found to accelerate change in an organization is through executive coaching. And so we have added this important offering to our portfolio. Coaching is to people what consulting is to processes, tools, methodologies…a tool that increases an organization's effectiveness. Coaching works specifically on the effectiveness of an individual asking powerful questions to create ah ha moments that can lead to transformations.
We have consulted to various organizations challenged with improving their performance.
Coaching is not a program or recommendation. It is about a person, the one being coached, and helping them to see new possibilities for action that have not been seen before. Coaching assumes that the answers exist, yet are not yet transparent for a leader.
A coach's job is to ask powerful questions to make these answers transparent to the leader. It approaches leadership from the standpoint of you, the leader, and goes much deeper. Once your "blinders" are taken off, it is hard to see things the old way or ignore new possibilities. Executives who have experienced this type of coaching have said that they now lead in a more profound and unique way and am seeing sustainable results within their organization.
Genuine leaders know their organizations will change when the people in their organizations change. When they are open to learning and new ways of possibilities for action, that can generate sustainable, positive change that in return:
- Increases their capacity to lead and inspire themselves and others.
- Results in teamwork and partnerships grounded in trust.
- Generates a strong sense of cultural well-being and personal fulfillment.
- And ultimately improves effectiveness, efficiency, and the bottom line.
Our credentialed/certified coaches offer both individual and group coaching. Individual coaching creates a learning environment for the leader to see opportunities for growth and greater effectiveness in their role. This coaching is done both in person and via telephone. Group coaching, similar to individual coaching, works with a cadre of executives who are working together to achieve a common mission to enhance the group effectiveness.
Our Coaching Approach
The aim of any coaching relationship is to have the client shift the way they see and thus act in their personal and/or professional world to achieve a desired outcome(s). The model below is the foundation for our coaching work:
- In life, we have different perspectives (observer that you are) that come from our experiences, life history, values and beliefs.
- These perspectives affect what we say or don't say, the emotions we experience or don't experience, and the way we hold our body.
- These perspectives give us options for choices (actions) we make.
- From those choices, we get our outcomes (results).