WE ARE HIRING!
Junior Organization Development and Change Management Consultant
At CG Strategy (CGS), we are a community of practitioners dedicated to becoming better at what we do. Our focus is not on growing our footprint, but on doing great work. We don’t take a cookie cutter approach to our engagements. We’re excited about new approaches, tools, and ideas, and allow our consultants an enormous degree of flexibility in solving problems. Our solutions are rooted in organization development and change management methods, including systems theory, learning organizations, complex adaptive systems, and Appreciative Inquiry. People come here because they love the work. We have a small, dedicated team, and a large network of partners, which fosters community and creativity.
CGS was founded in 1989 and is a woman-owned, small business consulting firm. We have more than 30 years of experience serving public, non-profit, and private sector organizations. Our mission is to help our clients deliver on their public promise.
The services we offer include:
- Organizational Assessment & Design
- Strategic Planning & Alignment
- Change Management & Stakeholder Engagement
- Facilitation, Collaboration, & Capacity Building
- Program Evaluation & Performance Improvement
CGS has a unique organizational culture firmly grounded in our mission and values. To sustain our culture and ensure CGS is an incredible place to work, it is critical to us that our new team members believe in, and are willing to live by, our values of teamwork & inclusion, equity & diversity, open communication, impact, ongoing learning, and fun.
As an Organization Development and Change Management Consultant, you will become a trusted advisor, working closely with our clients. You will support multiple projects (2-3 projects, each varying in size, duration, and scope) in collaboration with Project Leads and other Consultants.
Given the size of our business, you will have the opportunity to play a critical role in the overall sustainment of the firm to include business development, firm operations, marketing and outreach, strategic planning, recruiting, and team events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Create and implement strategies that support organizational change (e.g., change readiness assessments, stakeholder analysis and engagement, and communications).
- Contribute to strategic planning projects.
- Contribute to organization assessment and design projects.
- Design and facilitate off-site events and other stakeholder and team events.
- Use data collection tools including interviews, focus groups, and surveys to collect organizational, team, individual, and stakeholder input.
- Manage a diverse set of tasks and projects.
- Build and foster relationships with clients.
- Create and deliver project deliverables.
- Participate in firm sustainment and business development activities, including serving on proposal-writing and review teams.
Education, Experience, Skills, and Competencies
This position requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-5 years of relevant experience or 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with the Federal Government.
- Experience in Organization Development or Change Management or Public Policy.
- Experience in agenda design, meeting planning and management, and facilitation.
- Presentation, facilitation, and training skills, including creation, presentation, and delivery of material.
- Stellar interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving/analytical skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio, Teams).
- Experience with virtual collaboration tools (Zoom, Teams, Miro or other virtual whiteboards).
- Values alignment: You naturally apply our CGS values on a daily basis.
- Great facilitator: You are an excellent facilitator or have the desire to learn how to easily lead groups to consensus.
- Priority management: You easily identify what is important and what is a priority, you can shift gears and reprioritize as needed.
- Judgment: You are thoughtful in your approach. You demonstrate excellent judgment, and you are a model of the tact and discretion required of a trusted advisor and consultative business partner.
- Service-driven: You are committed to providing the highest level of service while remaining aligned with the mission of the organization. You collaborate on projects and communicate results, and you are willing to listen and learn from others.
- Excellent communicator: You are an effective communicator in all contexts, from non-technical “lay” audiences to experienced subject matter experts. You are approachable, flexible, and responsive. You confidently engage with leaders and staff at all levels.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects: You can effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks, allocate and optimize resources, and manage timelines.
- Problem solver: You take things from start to finish. You are intellectually curious, and you work with a sense of urgency. You are detail-oriented, but you can also see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall mission of an organization.
- Self-confident, independent, highly capable and driven: You are known for how you “get things done.” You have everyone’s best interests in mind. You are seen as an “honest broker.”
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- This is a high visibility role. You will be seen as a strategic, thoughtful, and collaborative partner. Our clients will value your commitment to their success.
- This is exciting work, and you will like who you work with – a supportive, respectful, and collegial community of practitioners.
- You have an active voice as a key contributor. We work together and win together, and your ideas and input are an integral part of our success and the success of our clients.
- CGS offers an exceptional employee benefits package.
- CGS has a flexible work environment. We do our day-to-day work remotely and engage with our clients in-person, virtually, and in a hybrid setting as necessary. We come together as a team in weekly and monthly virtual meetings, and quarterly, in-person meetings. All candidates should be local to the DC metro / Northern Virginia area.
CGS Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
At CGS, Diversity and Equity is a core value. We promote the equitable treatment of our team, clients, and partners. We are allies for anti-racism. We embrace differences among people. CGS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
To apply for the Organization Development and Change Management Consultant position: Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “CGS Organization Development and Change Management Consultant” in the subject line of the email.
We are accepting resumes through May 31, 2022. We will conduct phone screens with each viable candidate as resumes are received. Beginning in June we will initiate the behavioral interview round. Exceptional candidates will then move on to the case interview round. We intend to hire a junior Consultant to our team late Summer / early Fall 2022.