We are hiring!
Organization Development and Change Management Consultant
At CG Strategy (CGS), we are a community of practitioners dedicated to becoming better at what we do. Our focus is not on growing our footprint, but on doing great work. We don’t take a cookie cutter approach to our engagements. We’re excited about new approaches, tools, and ideas, and allow our consultants an enormous degree of flexibility in solving problems. Our solutions are rooted in organization development and change management methods, including systems theory, learning organizations, complex adaptive systems, and Appreciative Inquiry. People come here because they love the work. We have a small, dedicated team, and a large network of partners, which fosters community and creativity.
CGS was founded in 1989 and is a woman-owned, small business consulting firm. We have more than 30 years of experience serving public, non-profit, and private sector organizations. Our primary clients are federal agencies, which is reflected in our mission – helping our clients deliver on their public promise.
The services we offer include:
- Organizational Assessment & Design
- Strategic Planning & Alignment
- Change Management & Stakeholder Engagement
- Facilitation, Collaboration, & Capacity Building
- Program Evaluation & Performance Improvement
CGS has a unique organizational culture firmly grounded in our mission and values. To sustain our culture and ensure CGS is an incredible place to work, it is critical to us that our new team members believe in, and are willing to live by, our values of teamwork & inclusion, equity & diversity, open communication, impact, ongoing learning, and fun.
As an Organization Development and Change Management Consultant, you will become a trusted advisor, working closely with your clients. You will work on one or more projects (each varying in size, duration, and scope) in collaboration with Project Leads, Consultants, and CGS leadership. Most of your work will be managed from your home office, with frequent client visits. (Occasional travel is required).
Given the size of our business, you will have the opportunity to play a critical role in the overall sustainment of the firm to include business development, firm operations, marketing and outreach, strategic planning, recruiting, and team events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Deliver exceptional client service by building relationships, practicing active listening, providing solutions, and consistently delivering high-quality advisory services and work products.
- Contribute to CGS project teams.
- Engage in all phases of the consulting project lifecycle – initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing.
- Design and facilitate meetings, workshops, trainings, and off-site events to achieve project objectives.
- Create and submit project artifacts and deliverables.
- Design and administer data collection tools including interviews, focus groups and surveys.
- Participate in firm sustainment and business development activities, including serving on proposal-writing and review teams.
Essential Education, Experience, Skills, and Competencies
This position requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of consulting experience. Demonstrated management consulting and facilitation skills, and the ability to influence change within an organization.
- Experience working with Federal Government leaders.
- Experience in Organization Development and Change Management.
- Knowledge of and experience delivering change management approaches, including stakeholder engagement, communications, training, and leadership development.
- Knowledge of and experience delivering strategic planning, implementation, and monitoring approaches.
- Experience contributing to organization design projects.
- Presentation, facilitation and training skills, including creation, presentation, and delivery of material.
- Stellar interpersonal and relationship building skills to interface effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio).
- Experience with virtual collaboration tools (Zoom, Teams, Miro, Mural, or other virtual whiteboards).
- Occasional travel required.
- Values alignment: You naturally apply our CGS values on a daily basis.
- Great facilitator: You are an excellent facilitator who can easily lead groups to consensus, bring a high level of professionalism to the table and build effective relationships.
- Priority management: You easily identify what is important and what is a priority, you can shift gears and reprioritize as needed.
- Judgment: You are thoughtful in your approach. You demonstrate excellent judgment, and you are a model of the tact and discretion required of a trusted advisor and consultative business partner.
- Service-driven: You are committed to providing the highest level of service while remaining aligned with the mission of the organization. You collaborate on projects and communicate results, and you are willing to listen and learn from others. You are known for your poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent communicator: You are an effective communicator in all contexts, from non-technical “lay” audiences to experienced subject matter experts. You are approachable, flexible and responsive. You confidently engage with staff at all levels.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects: You can effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks, allocate and optimize resources, and manage timelines.
- Problem solver: You take things from start to finish. You’re intellectually curious and you work with a sense of urgency. You are detail-oriented, but you can also see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall mission of an organization. You are passionate about identifying and meeting challenges through proactive alignment and engagement of key stakeholders.
- Business acumen: You are interested in contributing to the company’s success and will work diligently to meet performance targets.
- Self-confident, independent, highly capable and driven: You are known for how you “get things done.” You have everyone’s best interests in mind. You are seen as an “honest broker.”
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- This is a high visibility role. You will be seen as a strategic, thoughtful, and collaborative partner. Your clients will appreciate your commitment to their success.
- This is exciting work, and you will like who you work with – a supportive, respectful, and collegial community of practitioners.
- You will “practice” every day – each of our team members is an OD practitioner and consultant first and foremost.
- You have an active voice as a key contributor. We work together and win together, and your ideas and input are an integral part of our success and the success of our clients.
- CGS offers an exceptional employee benefits package.
- CGS has a flexible work environment. We do our day-to-day work remotely but often engage with our clients in-person. We come together as a team in weekly and monthly virtual meetings, and bi-monthly, in-person meetings. All candidates should be local to the DC metro / Northern Virginia area.
CGS Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
At CGS, Diversity and Equity is a core value. We promote the equitable treatment of our team, clients, and partners. We are allies for anti-racism. We embrace differences among people. CGS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
To apply for the Organization Development and Change Management Consultant position: Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Organization Development and Change Management Consultant” in the subject line of the email.